Sunday, November 18, 2012

Next Best Thing ~ Blog Hop~

Travelling the journey an author takes to develop both themselves and their stories is captivating.  I often read varied interviews and find the same passionate responses in each one.  As an author, I can understand where they stem from.  I am driven by the same things. 

Q1: What is the working title of your book?

My newest release is titled A Vampire’s Touch.  It’s a prequel to The Red Velvet Trilogy.  AVT is available now on Amazon.  I can’t wait to share this sexy world with everyone.


Q2: Where did the idea for the book come from?

This idea hit me one morning.  I wanted to write a strong love story, one that blossomed from a touch or a look.  This would happen in the most conventional way, yet would evolve into a different world all together.  I was actually working on another project and had to put it on hold, that’s how strong this story pushed me.  If a story burns within me, I have to let it fly.


Q3: What genre does your book fall under?

Definitely Paranormal Romance.  There isn’t anything for "steaming hot" is there?  LOL.


Q4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

That’s a tough one because my hero, Jaxon, is clearly shown on my cover and I believe the model used is him.  I can’t think of anyone else.  As for Sienna, it would have to be someone with a natural and unique shade of red hair and gray eyes.  I can’t find anyone with that combination!


Q5: What is the one sentence synopsis for your book?

One night on the town changed my life…forever.

Q6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-published

Q7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Forever!  I have a full-time job and two kids so my time is very limited!

Q8: What other books would you compare this story to, within your genre?

I’m not sure I can answer this one.  There are so many books in the paranormal genre and each has a very unique flavor.  For example:  My vampires are different from the standard ones.  They have extra gifts they are born with. Yes, these Vampri are a race and not made. 

Q9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I love paranormal.  My first published work is a Romantic Suspense so I hadn’t had the pleasure yet of going with the genre I enjoy the most.  I think that alone inspired me.


Q10: What else about your book might pique the readers’ interest?

First, I have an incredible cover by Fantasia Frog Designs.  One look at that sexy smirk will hopefully have readers wanting more.  Going beyond the cover (for you men out there who enjoy a good vamp book) there is plenty of action in every way.


Now that I’ve shared a little of myself and my work, I’d like to pass the torch to four talented authors.  Their interviews should be live at the links provided below on or around November 30th.






No comments:

Post a Comment