Tuesday, August 18, 2015

THE NEIGHBOR


Brandi has a new neighbor. In most cases, this isn't a problem unless the view is very distracting. A writer for a prominent column in New York, she can't afford any interruptions but the gorgeous hunk insists on showing his assets. Now Brandi is getting frustrated and just about ready to march over and knock on his door...

EXCERPT

He was naked again. My new neighbor was in the buff, in his birthday suit, a la fresco. He didn't seem to mind that I was staring. Our buildings were an alley apart, which was approximately forty feet. Not much of a huge space and things were excruciatingly clear. I bumped into my night table, sending a sharp pain up my thigh. Maybe it would shock my brain
too. Stumbling back I landed my ass on the bed and my gaze down to his...

The keening wail of my cellular stopped my forward thoughts. I leaned over and fetched my bright pink talk box.
“Hey Lynn.”
“Hey yourself. Is he at it again? Don’t lie. I could hear it in your voice.”
Damn freaking mind reader.
“Yes, okay? He is buck ass naked again. There isn't much I can do to stop him.”
“Well, you could go over and explain how distracting he is. Have you finished your article yet?”

Lynn asked.
I rolled my eyes. She knew damn well I wasn't writing. I was too busy salivating over hunky

across the way.
“I’m getting to it.” The dead silence on the other side of the line had “you're full of shit” all over

it.
“Ok. I’ll let you get back to
work.”
“How good of you. I’ll see you tomorrow for coffee?”
“I wouldn't miss it for the world.”
“I'm sure. Later.”
I clicked off before she could start again. Lynn was my best friend but when she got a hold of

something she was worse than a rabid dog on a bone. Taking one last look at mister bare, I closed my eyes and decided a nice cool shower would be quite invigorating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment