Sunday, January 7, 2018

LIFE AFTER DIVORCE - Episode 1


EPISODE 1 by Mina J. Moore

The best day of my life was exiting the courtroom a free woman. The sun was shining brighter than ever.  I wanted to fly and soar over the city, shouting with glee.
The buses sped by and I applauded their resilience. I couldn't say the same a few months ago. I was broken, a mess of a woman wrapped for days in the same sheets my husband had shared. Swollen eyes had greeted me every morning. I had struggled to cover the circles under my eyes with the best foundation money could by. Those horrible days were so far behind me. My only regret, the ten years I wasted with dickhead.
Sammy and Lila were waiting for me to celebrate and I couldn't wait to get started. A quick cab ride had me there in a few minutes. Sammy's platinum blonde head bounced in the crowd as the music roared toward me and Lila waived me in with a huge smile.
"I have a drink ready and waiting!" she yelled.
I grabbed it and took a gulp big enough to choke on. No worries. I couldn't drink fast enough.
Drinking at this rate wasn't my thing but today I seriously didn't give a damn.
About anything...
Sammy jumped on my back like a koala bear and I had to steady myself against the bar.
"Yo! It's about time you get your fine ass over here."
I laughed as she slapped said ass. Sammy was the most outspoken, crazy ass bitch I knew but I loved her dearly. She was loyal and honest.
Lila was the sweetest person you could ever meet and wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was to defend someone she loved. Then watch out.
If there was one person she hated it was my ex-husband and Lila didn't hate anyone or anything.
Her eyes grew wide as she gazed over my shoulder. "Oh damn."
I turned to look at what had her all worked up especially since Lila rarely cursed.

"Oh damn is right." I mumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment